Monday, October 8, 2007

Where all your dreams come true


During the month of September Geoff was in California for training for his new job. So the girls and I went to visit him one of the weekends and we went to DISNEYLAND. It was so much fun! I had more fun taking Aria then I ever remember having when I was growing up. She was so excited for everything. She even got to meet Mickey Mouse, who she loves in theory. When he was right there next to her she didn't like him so much.
The tragedy of the trip was that I forgot the video camera and the charger for the camera. Of course the low battery light went on after the 3rd picture I took. Luckily it held out but we definitely didn't take as many pictures as we would have. So we are just going to have to go again because of my mistake.

Aria's favorite ride was the rocket ships. It was probably the scariest kids ride and that is the one she wanted to go on the whole time. She also loved the Buzz Lightyear ride too. Actually she loved every ride. Almost everyday she asks if we are going to Disneyland. I wish I could tell her yes.


So it started raining around noon so we ran for cover. After about 20 minutes Geoff turns to me and says, "Maybe we should pray for the rain to stop." Now Geoff is a spiritual guy, but in our almost 4 years of marriage I don't think he has ever suggested praying in the middle of a situation. Anyway, we say a prayer and not more than 2 minutes later the rain stops and the sun is shinning. My favorite part of the story is when we walk outside he said,"we should give thanks." That is when I realized that this was a much bigger deal to Geoff then I had realized. He loves Disneyland and he was really excited to take the girls there, much more then I was. So that day at Disneyland I realized that it really is a magical place where all your dreams come true! :)

















13 comments:

Heidi said...

YEA!!! YOu guys have a blog! How fun. You have some pretty adorable girls! how is Vegas?? I hope you got my postcard

Anonymous said...

How fun! We get to take Luke and Logan this summer with nicks whole family and I am so excited to see their little faces light up. I am worried about how Logan is gonna do...he will still be pretty small. How did the baby do being at disneyland all day?

McGiven Family.... said...

I love the stories and I haven't seen the pictures yet and they are adorable. My favorite is the one with Mickey and Aria burried in Geoff's arm. I am so glad you got to do that with Aria!

Cami said...

Your little girls are so cute! It was nice to meet you at aerobics today.

Becky said...

So cute! We love Disneyland over here, and it's especially fun when the kids get old enough to get excited about it. We had a blast with the girls when we went in April, and Alli asks at least once a week if we can go again. Cute pictures, and I love the last one of Laila!

Aleena said...

Sunni, I never realized how baby friendly Disneyland is. I took Laila on almost everyride that Aria went on. Logan will just sit on your lap. It was fabulous.

Cairen said...

Oh that sounds like you guys had so much fun! We debated taking Meika to Disneyland this summer, but thought she would be too little.
I am glad you have a blog so I can see what you are up to even though you are only ten minutes from us!
Oh and Do let us know about the blessing and what we should bring!

Linds said...

jealous! That sounded like fun! Hopefully we'll get to go, but you know us, kids don't go until they're 10!!

Angela and Mike said...

I love Disneyland! Looks like you guys had a fun time. Way to go with both girls, you are brave.

Chelsea said...

I knew Chris Clark could have spiritual experiences at Disneyland. I never would have expected it of Geoff.

Williams Fam said...

Way to go Geoff!! I can't wait to take Carly to Disneyland! How fun-The pictures are darling! You look fantastic Aleena-as always!

Heidi said...

Oh I absolutely love disneyland! Greg and I are going to mt parents in LA for Thanksgiving so we have a trip for us to go...although Jackson is going to stay home with my parents. I'll wait until he will really appreciate it to spend 50 bucks on him! But I can't wait! I love the picture of Aria with Mickey, thats one to save for when she's 18!

Jess said...

I love the pigtails, and I am so glad you got to go to Disneyland. It is the happiest place on earth and one of my favorites. I hope everything is great in Vegas! Jessica Lewis