I always leave Aria and Laila downstairs while I run upstairs for a moment. Today was the last time I will do that. I had just finished feeding Laila and Aria was playing with her puzzles. I needed to brush my teeth and get my shoes so I put Laila in her swing while I ran upstairs. I was up there for only a minute when I hear Laila screaming! I knew something was wrong so I ran with lightning speed down the stairs to see Laila on the floor about 15 feet away from her swing. Aria is yelling, "Laila sad, Laila sad". I start freaking out because I realize that my two-year-old not only had gotten Laila out of her swing, but carried her quite a ways before dropping her on the floor. She did this all under a minute.
My days of assuming that Aria couldn't possibly do something are over. I will now be a more vigilant parent, for the sake of preserving the life of my second child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think that things like this are inevitable. No matter how close I watch my kids, they still get hurt. Oh the joys of parenthood.
I think I left the toy tray at my mom's. We should get it while we are there for Thanksgiving so Aria can't get to her. I am scared even if you buckle her in she will unbuckle her. I am glad Laila was okay!
Oh I can just see it happening! You'll only make that mistake once...or twice.
Post a Comment