Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thankful

As Geoff is preparing to go out of town for the week, I am feeling a little bit of anxiety. I always do when he leaves. I really try not to let him know, so I can be a "supportive" wife. This morning I have been in a bad mood. My dad might say I have been "eating worms" (nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I gonna eat some worms). Trying to get my game face on for when Geoff leaves I realized that I don't have it so bad. Geoff will be home again on Friday. I know too many women that their husbands are in the military and haven't seen them in a year! I decided to be thankful. The moment I switched to gratitude I was overcome. I have so much! I am the most blessed person I know! So I am thankful for hard stuff so I can remember to be grateful!



Today I want to show gratitude to those that make having Geoff gone really fun!



Sarah McGiven



Monica Johansen



I am so thankful to have family around me. The decision to move to Las Vegas was hard, but everyday I am thankful we made that decision because of these women. I want them to know how much I appreciate their kindness to my girls and I. You two have gone beyond the call of duty to make sure I have something to look forward to everyday.


Today I am thankful for Sisters!

5 comments:

Cairen said...

That is a really sweet post! You are very blessed to have such great family around you! I hope that your week goes as smooth as possible with Geoff out of town.

McGiven Family.... said...

We are thankful for you today! We love you and are glad we live so close and can be such good friends!

Williams Fam said...

You have a great attitude Aleena-I need to follow your example! I'm so glad you have such wonderful support!! Gotta love sisters!!

Angela and Mike said...

I love sisters too...too bad I don't live very close to them :( You are lucky. I can't believe Aria carried your baby across the room...I bet you freaked out. I hope you are doing okay without your man, I hate it when Mike leaves...and I don't even have children!

brittany said...

I think it is so great that you have both of them close by! Way to look at the positive.