Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day and Laundry

For Memorial Day, we spent the day on the boat. It was a beautiful day filled with fun and laughter. It was the day that I got back on a wake board after a 3 1/2 year absence. I got right up but it took a while to used to it again. It was so much fun and I have been paying for it for 3 days. I am so so SO sore.

Laila didn't have as much fun as the rest of us, she didn't love having to wear her life jacket.


Aria spent the day in her daddy's arms. Sometimes being the favorite parent doesn't leave him with many opportunities to do anything other then what Aria wants him to do.

Zach loves Laila so much. He is always wanting to hold and snuggle her. I sure hope his mom has a little girl.

It was a wonderful holiday weekend but I am not so sure about the cleanup. I spent Tuesday doing 13 loads of laundry. As I finished folding all the laundry I wished that I had taken a picture. I decided that laundry is the WORST household chore. If anyone likes to do laundry please share your secrets!



9 comments:

Becky said...

Definitely not a laundry lover. In fact, I have two loads of laundry that have sat in my room for several days needing to get put away. Then Alex came home yesterday, dumping the entire contents of his suitcase into the laundry basket, so now I have even more to wash! Yay.

Heather said...

I am very jealous that you have been wakeboarding. It is to da__ cold her to even get in the water. Bear Lake is still getting a ton of run off so it should be warm enough in October to do some wakeboarding. On top of being to cold, the countries "black gold" has become to expensive, just looking at a boat makes my wallet seem empty. Any nasty face plants? Sure hope you all can make it to the cabin this year.
--Jared

Ann Marie said...

Way cute photo of Laila in her life jacket! AND you are a pro wake-boarder! I, myself, prefer the knee board.

Angela and Mike said...

13? What in the world! That is crazy. Looks like you guys had fun! I hate feeling sore after water skiing/wakeboarding. Mike will totally want to go sometime this summer, let us know it you do it again!

CoLiE-O said...

you are an awesome mom making these memories for your kids. all the hard work and preperation will pay off someday when your kids have the most fond memories of your family vacas.

Renee said...

You are truly a member of the Hill family if you hate laundry. That is one household chore that piles up weekly until I am doing 13 loads myself! Looks like a great weekend. I am impressed that you were out wakeboarding and look so great!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so keep this tip for later, but I found when my kids got to the age that they want to dress them selfs that all the clean laundry get pulled out the draws and all over the floor, so I rubber ban my kids outfits together. That way they are easy to pick up and they only have to pick out one bundel and there done.
How I rubber ban them is a top(shirt) and a bottom (pants, shorts,ect.) together. This way you can also put it together so outfit is they way you like it. I hate laundry too, we now are doing a family laundry day where everyone has to help.

Erin Spenc said...

Laundry can't be the worst chore. I'm thinking vacuuming. That thing is heavy! my house has has 4 levels and a billion stairs. I hate vacuuming.

Niki Carter said...

I hate laundry!!! However, I do have a secret that saves me if I do it! The first thing is to get completely caught up. Then, I do two small loads a day. (One big one if you don't care about separating colors and whites) The trick is you have to wash, fold, and PUT AWAY the laundry every day! If you do this then it only takes about ten minutes to fold and five to put away. It is so much easier doing laundry for 15 minutes!!! It is the best when I do it but when I get behind then I am right back where I started - getting caught up! (That is the chore I am currently avoiding while on the computer!) Hope you don't mind me checking out your blog every now and then.