Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Laila is walking...in a circle

Laila started walking almost a month ago and I forgot about it because it is still not her primary mode of transportation.

For the first few weeks she was very wobbly and I started to notice that she would only take steps with her right foot. One day I watched in amazement as she walked in a complete circle only walking with her right foot. She is doing better now, but she is still very unsure of her new talent.

On the subject, I have a question...

I am confused as to when it is appropriate to recognize the milestones in our children's lives.

I remember when Aria was a baby she rolled over at 4 months so I promptly wrote in her baby book what an advanced child I have. Problem is she didn't roll over again for 6 weeks. In her baby book should I write the first time, or when the behavior was more consistent?

Back to Laila. She walks, but not really. Should I write that in her baby book?

Off the subject.
I lost my camera, thus the lack of pictures of Laila. SAD!

10 comments:

Nedra said...

Have you ever thought of stapling her left foot to the floor? That way she could balance out by developing the left side of her body instead of only circling to the right? Just kidding!!! As far as the record of events, your guess is as good as anyone's. I hope you find your camera because those beauties need to be recorded every step of the way. Give them kisses from me.

Renee said...

I haven't written down any milestones, that way I am not disappointed if one not as "quick" to advance as the others! Or, you could just call it laziness. Please take video of Laila walking in circles...that is funny!

Renee said...

Her walking in circles reminds me of the blonde joke where the blonde turns on her blinker and keeps going in circles because she doesn't know how to turn it off. What color is her hair? Just kidding! :) You really should video it and send it in to Americas Funniest Home Videos. You would win for sure!

Erin Spenc said...

K, Stone did the same thing as Aria! He rolled over both ways at 3 months and seriously never did it again until he was 6 months! I would document them the first time... I think. I was just wondering that today too.

Anonymous said...

Document it ALL! Record the original observation, then when the behavior was completely developed.
That's what scientists do!
You have to analyze and permit the evaluation and recording of both the conduct of a clinical trial and the quality of the data produced. THis purpose is used to identify and RECORD the clinical observations at ALL testing points. Sheeeesh! You would think an iridologist would apply her learning to daily events sponsered by your own children. Pah-leeez, like you didn't know this.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I love thinking of her walking in circles. That's so funny. You are so good for keeping track of the milestones...what a good mom!

Natalie said...

She is such a cutie! I say your good for writing down anything!

KolbyJanine said...

o how cute i can just see her walking around and around. so cute! I donno as far as when to write it down, I guess I just did when they were more consistant with it. Your girls are so adorable in your new heading picture. love it!

Rachelle said...

oh aleena! YOU look awesome and seriously, your kids are adorable. i am so happy we found each other...:)

Brad and Rebecca said...

I can't believe I am finding this blog!!!! where the heck have you been my whole life!!!! I am so happy to be in touch again!!!!!!! You'll never guess where i am living! that's right DRAPER!!!! you'll never guess who one of my best friends is in the ward! Audrey Lym (Smart).....she totally knows you!!!! Oh Leeners, you are beautiful and i think of you often!!!!!! write soon!