My efforts have increased these last few weeks thanks to Geoff's extended family. I joined "The Biggest Loser" Hill style. I have commited to lose 15 pounds by April 15. Also I have joined the Hill family team to run in the Wasatch Back. Now you have to know that I have never run more then 15 minutes without stopping in my life, so that is about 2 miles. This race requires that I run 3-7 miles 3 times within a 24 hour period. I am totally breaking out of my shell to say the least . I am struggling with the runs but I know I will be able to do it. I am so glad to have a goal and I am determined to achieve it.

Now that it is such nice weather and I am with the girls all day, I am now a proud owner of a Jogging Stroller. This is the coolest jogging stroller I feel so lucky to have it! That is why I now have no excuses. I have everything I need to train for this race. If any of you are runners I need any advice you can give.


14 comments:
I love the running stroller! How do the girls like it? It IS perfect outside, so I bet you will get a lot of use out of it. Hooray!
Yeah for the jogging stroller! I am so glad that you got it. I am sure you look great as it is but am glad you are motivated to train for the race...I am having a hard time getting up the nerve to join you! Have fun running!
Go Aleena!! Good luck. I am a big fan of group races. ? It gives you something to work toward and you usually get a free T-shirt. Good luck!!!Keep us posted on how its coming. ( :
Here is my advice:
Find a training schedule, or make one up, but then do it every day. It helped me so much to know how much I was supposed to run and when. It took the guess work out of it and I could cross off the run when I had done it. Otherwise it would have been really easy to just not do it.
Oh yeah, one more thing, you don't have to run every day. most of the time we only ran 4-5 days a week. So that's another good thing about a training schedule is that it gives you permission to take days off!
Woohoo!! Good for you. I gave up running a while ago so I have no advice for you. Good luck.
15 pounds by April 15th?!?!?! Are you kidding me? You are one ambitious gal! I am striving for 10 pounds by July 1st. Is one of us more committed than the other? I think so...
Love the stroller. I am proud of your determination to run. I HATE running. My only hope is that I can lose the weight by May - however - my goal of 30 pounds isn't quite as realistic as yours. If you get any good advice on training let me know! You look great though!
Don't do too much too soon or you'll just injure yourself and not be able to run in the race. And, like linds says...you don't have to run every day...cross-training is great, make a schedule. I'm jealous! I want to join the race!
Do you have to be a HIll to join?? Adam is almost 16 months and I still have that last five pounds and a whole lot of toning to do!!!! Good luck!
You are crazy...you look great! I am still jealous of the jogging stroller though. I love it!
Hi Aleena, Your blog is So Cute! I added you to mine, I hope you don't mind :) (Eggettbabies.blogspot.com) Anyway, I am excited that you are going to be doing the Wasatch Back, cause I will be too. how fun! It is great to see your cute family, even if it is just in pics.
Love you guys, Amber
Hi Aleena! I'm jealous that it is nice enough weather for you guys to get outside. I've got this great website www.myfitnesspal.com that I've been using to reach my fitness goals. It is a really easy way to count calories and exercise. You'll have to check it out. If you have a great running playlist I'm always looking for more songs. Hope to talk to you soon!
Aleena, your family is so cute! Your girls have the same big beautiful eyes that you and your sisters have, I am so jealous! Good job training for that race, Amber wanted me to be on her team with her, but I will be out of town that week...isn't it june 21 or something? Anyway, what a coincidence (how do you spell that?) I will be in Las Vegas with all the Gatten girls from Tom's family.
Post a Comment