Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Travels

We have had very fun few weeks. We have been from Las Vegas to Utah to Carmel California to Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon to St. George back to Las Vegas. The next few posts are of our adventures.


We went to Carmel California to Ryan McGiven's Grandma's house. It is spectacular. The house is on the 14th green of the famous Pebble Beach golf course. It was so awesome. We went with Ryan and Sarah McGiven and their boys, our cousins Nina and Kyle and their boys and our friends Alex and Becky Stoddard and their girls. We did some very fun things, get ready for some picture overload!

I had to post this picture of my favorite golfer. We would sit outside and watch the golfers, it was so relaxing and at times very entertaining (see below).

We had a blast playing at Pebble Beach. The weather wasn't ideal for a beach vacation but the kids were not deterred. Here are Aria and Griffin playing, we wonder if we ever have a boy if this is what he will look like.

Running away from the freezing cold water.

Laila loved the beach, she especially loved eating the sand. Yummy!
We had so much fun at Monterrey Pier watching the Sea Lions and birds. Easton wanted to get in the water and swim with the gross Sea Lions.
We were with the McGiven's night and day for 2 weeks. We feel so lucky that they are our family, we love you guys!
Aria developed some what of a crush on her second cousin Carter. I found them hugging and snuggling a few times on this trip.

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Mmmm. Sand! I love the beach! However, the water is usually too cold for my tastes. I'm amazed you were able to spend an entire two weeks vacationing. Geoff must have a sweet job.

Sharon said...

It sounds like you had such a fun two weeks. I love San Francisco, one of my favorite places. I've always wanted to go to Pebble Beach. Some day - Your girls, as usual, are adorable. I'm so glad I got to see you guys a few times while I was in Utah.

McGiven Family.... said...

We love you too! Thanks for the great vacation and the great memories made! It was so much fun!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you have had a lot of fun! I'm glad you are enjoying the summer. Your girls are so cute! I loved the picture of Laila eating the sand. It makes me miss the beach sooo much!

Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. I'm jealous of the vacation. That's what I need right now. I nice long summer vacation. No more of this studying for boards stuff. P.S. I think it is hilarious that Geoff went to the zoo with all the gals. I bet he did great.

the Eggett's said...

Okay, Aleena, I just barely realized that your bro-in-law Ryan is brothers with a guy in my ward, Kevin McGiven. We LOVE Kevin and Lindsey McGiven! They are the cutest and nicest family. So yeah, I guess that Kevin was on Geoff's Wasatch Back team. Anyway, Small world. It looks like you guys had a nice time down there. How fun!