Friday, December 4, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

With the arrival of the twins any day now, we have been very busy making sure all is ready.  You would think I would be cleaning up a storm, but no, we have been SEWING up a storm. My mom has been here for the last week so that is why all of this is getting done. 

We made a couple of HUMONGOUS nursing covers for a little modesty.

We made a couple of carseat covers because it is the cool thing to do.
Geoff's in charge of making all of our children their Christmas stocking so even though the babies don't have names yet Geoff made them stockings.

Here is the "seamster" himself, sewing up a storm.


Here are the girls modeling the stockings.

My beautiful mother made the babies these darling quilts! 

Seriously! aren't they the cutest things you have ever seen???

She totally made up the pattern.  She is one talented lady! Thanks mom!!

More seriously big news is that Aria and Laila now share a bedroom.  They had a few rough nights but they have been doing better and better every night.  I am so proud of them!  Things seem to be coming together nicely before the babies are due to arrive.  

Getting very big! I have never been so ready to give birth in all my life.  I hope these babies come soon.  I can't wait!

11 comments:

Ruthie said...

Aleena, you are a very beautiful, pregnant lady! I am amazed how well you are handling the discompfort and pain you're feeling right now...it won't last much longer, YOU CAN DO IT!
My new and improved prediction is that the babies will be born on Tues. Dec. 8th! (since I've been wrong about 5 times already)and they'll weigh approximately 5 1/2 lbs.
I love you!

Nedra said...

I agree with your mama, you are a very beautiful pregnant lady. I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy and safe delivery soon! Amy's little girl was born the day before Thanksgiving, and I'm still in Arizona helping out. These little angels are such a gift from Heaven.
I am going to show Dano the picture of Geoff sewing. So great!
I'm so glad your mom and MIL have been such a big help.
Love you Aleena!

Chelsea said...

How do you bake 2 babies and Look SO GREAT~?~?!?! You really do!I love the sewing you are all doing even Geoff!! WOW, he is a keeper! Everything looks great! Kudos!

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

you look so gorgeous!! love the quilts and i LOVE the car seat covers!! good luck and i hope all goes well!!! and i am impressed with your hubby sewing!!aba

Angela and Mike said...

You still look totally awesome by the way. Sounds like you are ready for these babies to come! I'm so so excited :) All the things you made look fantastic. And yes, your mother is beautiful!

Niki Carter said...

Those quilts are incredible!! I couldn't even dream up anything better! You are one lucky girl. Geoff sews! Who knew? . . . Looks like things are getting exciting!

You guys are going to have three girls and one boy just like us!

Anonymous said...

Since we are predicting...
They will be born Sunday evening, Dec. 6th. One will be a boy, the other a girl. The girl will arrive first weighing 5 lbs 6 oz 19inches. The Boy will come 2nd weighing 5 lbs.8 oz. 19.5inches. Both will be very good looking. You will name the boy Sanders and the girl Samara.
You look very pregnant and very cute! I'm so excited for my twinies to come!
Does Geoff take christmas stocking orders? What does he charge?
I need 3. I love a man on a sewing machine.

Becky said...

Aleena!! You look awesome! We're so excited for you guys, and can't wait to see the babies.

Cairen said...

Sounds like fun, having your Mom in town and doing some sewing. I love that Geoff sews..awesome!

Natalie said...

Such cute quilts. I wish I was as ambitious as you. Good luck, I can't wait to see your new little ones!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, they are beautiful, i am glad everything went well. I am sure you are very busy!!!