Friday, January 25, 2008

"Here she is, Miss America"

It's pageant time! Yes the perks of living in Las Vegas are procuring tickets to the Miss America Pageant Preliminaries. Geoff's company audits the Miss America Pageant so he got free tickets. So we rounded up the girls and headed to the pageant.



My sisters April and Monica

Aleena, Rochelle, April, Monica

Here are a few pictures of the contestants. I wish I had written down who was who. I really liked Miss Florida and a few others I don't remember. The best part was at the very beginning the contestants were introducing themselves, the attire was a spaghetti strap tank top and jeans. It was hard not to notice one girl that was wearing a Shade shirt, we new she had to be Miss Utah and she was! I was really proud of her.


This video is of Miss Montana's interview, definitely the funniest of the night. Sorry it shakes so much, we were laughing so hard!





Evening Gowns
The night was ripe with frilly over the top dresses that the contestants felt a need to fan out. I guess that is the only way to get the full effect. A few were very beautiful and not too over done.





Talent

The talent portion was everything cliche to pageants. Super dramatic and over the top. I am sorry that I didn't get a video of the a monologue, very pagentesque! Don't get me wrong they were all very talented girls, just all trying every ploy to "one-up" each other. Overall very entertaining!

Miss Utah is the one on the right.

12 comments:

Whitney Jensen said...

Love it! Guess there are perks to Vegas!!!!

Ann Marie said...

Man oh man! That is super funny!!! I was laughing so hard at the interview of Miss Montana...the shaking totally adds to the hillarity. I sure do miss my Aleena...you always do make things fun!

Jamie said...

Hi Aleena, I just found the alta reunion blog on Melynns blog! You have such a cute family! We are going to be moving pretty close to you.....well 2 hours away anyways!
Jamie (Conger) Webster

Becky said...

Always fun to have a night out with the girls. What a fun thing to go see!

Chelsea said...

What a fun girl's night! Sounds like Geoff's job has some great perks!

McGiven Family.... said...

I didn't even know you were doing that. I am jealous. I got on a couple of weeks ago to see if I could get tickets but never figured it out. It sounds like it was a lot of fun! Good for you! Thanks a million for helping with my kids...you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I owe you!

Renee said...

Oh wow! You are a lucky girl! I cannot wait to watch it on TV tonight. How fun that you got a much deserved night on the town with your sisters. P.S. You look great!

Melynn said...

How fun. I would have loved to go!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, that video is hysterical. My favorite is "medicore is never the best." haha. Wow. I bet you guys were dying. Thanks for brightening my day with that.

Rebecs said...

I really am jealous! I have watched Miss America my whole life, as I'm sure you have too, and would love to go! (Although it's not as sophisticated as it use to be, but still fun). On a side note, Miss Idaho was also wearing a 'shade' shirt... go figure!

hizznizzle said...

so I am going to have to move to Vegas! you guys look adorable! I am so glad that you are having a blast. By the way you picked the year to move, we have had more snow here then they have seen since the early 90's. Lucky us!!

Sarah said...

I am so jealous, how fun is that. I got to watch it in my front room, not quite as cool as being in Vegas!!