Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet.

President Gorden B. Hinckley has passed away. I am having a hard time wrapping my heart around that. He has been the prophet since I have really developed a testimony of my Savior. I feel like his words and example have supported and lifted my spirit through these 13 years. I am so thankful for him. I never met him in person but each time I read his word or saw his face I knew that he knew me and that he was mindful of me and my challenges. I love him and I am so thankful for the sacrifices he made to be a leader. I will miss him so much.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I hear ya Aleena! He's really the only prophet I ever remember. It seems so weird that he's not gonna be speaking at the next General Conference. I'll really miss him, but I guess at 97 he had to go sometime. And, I know that Monson will step up to the plate and be as inspiration and mindful of us as President Hinckley was.