Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking


Do any of you digital Scrapbook?


I HATE to scrapbook, I think it is a huge mess. But I think I could get into digital scrapbooking it seems easy and fun. Is this true?


Now I need some recommendations. What is the best software? Can you get free paper downloads? Does it manage your pictures? Is there anything else that I need to know? I have no idea what I am doing!


Please help me know what direction I should proceed. THANKS!!

11 comments:

Jaron and Amy said...

some of my friends use memory mixer and love it! I haven't done anything on it, but thought I'd pass on the information for you. Let me know how it goes...

Becky said...

I got memory mixer several months ago and busted out about 50 pages in a couple of weeks. I personally love the program, but it probably doesn't have as many options as something like photoshop elements would have. But it's great for me, because I really just want the basics. I love digital scrapbooking!

Uffens Family said...

I have been trying to switch to digital...I have photoshop elements which I like and some of us have just downloaded all the paper we have stored on our computers to disks and shared-Don't mind doing that for you at all...but I get free stuff off of shabbyprincess.com. It definitely beats the mess of scrapbooking...I used to need my own scrapbook room!

Anonymous said...

Mom knows...?

Sharon said...

I want to get into digital scrapbooking as well. I have two friends who use shutterfly to do it. They say that it is so easy. One of them moved, but the other one is going to show me how to do it after the first of the year. I'll let you know if it really is easy or not.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on HATING scrapbooking. .. maybe if I was good at it. . . but alas, I'm not! Love you!

Murray Fam said...

I love digital scrapbooking! It is super easy. I love Shabbyprincess.com for free downloads and shabbyshop.com for cheap ones. You'll get hooked fast!

Ann Marie said...

I don't scrapbook. period. so i don't have too much info to help you out. but i do know that you'll have to store your stuff on some some GOLD dvd's...yes, you heard me, GOLD. If you want anything to last. But I heard that even those gold dvd's can fail. I think you should do both. The digital could get lost, and the physical scrapbook could be destroyed in a fire or a flood. Just something to think about.

Renee said...

From my experience...it can be super simple or super hard! It depends on what you make it! There are so many options that when I did it - it drove me crazy! I call my blog my scrapbook and am going to send it off to be printed...does that count? Good luck!

diane said...

geoff... i found this during my down time in the ER email me diane_williamson@comcast.net or find me on facebook. I always ask your dad how your doing. Kendall is working for E&Y in Sacramento.

Jess said...

I love memory mixer... it rocks. Whitney Jensen (Robinson) referred me to it, and she thinks it rocks too.