Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ode to the DAEWOO

You were the first car I purchased with my own money,
I walked into the dealership and they thought they were funny.
They saw "sucker" written all over my face,
so they told me that they would cut right to the chase.
A car they would find to help fit in my budget,
the car company didn't exist, but they would just fudge it.
"A beautiful Daewoo is the best car for the price"
Later to find out it was worth less then rice.
I drove that old Daewoo and never had trouble
Though ridiculed and mocked for buying such rubble.
Some called her "Daepoo", but they didn't know
that she was my friend and would always go.
Today is the day that I sold the old girl.
I hope the new owner will realize the pearl
of a car, that has gotten a bad wrap
but runs like a gem and doesn't smell like crap.
Goodbye, goodbye my trusty old car
I know you will continue to go very far.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU SOLD HER!
How much did you get for it.
That poem is another exhibit that your daughter takes after you. smarty.

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! I love it!

Renee said...

So sad to see the little car go - I hope you got some good $$$ for it! Farewell to the car - we will miss her sudden jerks to the right on the freeway! :)

Natalie said...

Leena, you crack me up! I love it!

okbushmans said...

Aleena, I just found your blog from Rachelle's! Your girls are GORGEOUS! It is so fun to see what you are up to!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, farwell car!

Heather said...

I'm sorry you had to sell it. I get really attached to cars & am picky about who buys them from me. The Daewoo & you were lucky to have had each other.

Julander Family said...

You are so funny! I love the poem. I miss your humor! It's been forever. Someday we'll catch up! It's fun to watch your family grow through your blog. Thank heaven for internet! Do have any connection with Jenny anymore?