I remember my mom putting these in my hair after my Saturday night tub so my hair would be curly on Sunday. I had stick straight hair, and it was the 80's so I totally didn't fit in.
I couldn't find a picture with the sponge curlers, but these are pink perm rollers... same idea.
I couldn't find a picture with the sponge curlers, but these are pink perm rollers... same idea.These little beauties are still around. I found some yesterday and I had to buy them. They took me back to so long ago.
Aria was so excited to put the curlers in, and even more excited that she got to sleep with them!
This might be the last time she gets to sleep with them because she got up about every 2 hours, definitely not worth curly hair.



11 comments:
OH my gosh! I am feeling old haha!!! Seriously remember these! Sorry about the rough night! They did turn out cute though! your girls are beautiful
Your mom put those in your hair because they are from our generation too! I have very straight hair also, and I remember trying to wear those at night. I think I did about as well as Aria. I can still remember how uncomfortable they were! Her hair turned out beautiful!
My mom did the same thing with me. I have some for Addie too, but honestly, I would rather use my flat iron to go curly because of the same reason. I don't know why little girls don't sleep with them like we used too. Oh Yeah, I hated them when I was little too. Oh well, Aria's hair looked great. Maybe if you do it every night she'll end up sleeping eventually. HA HA! The things us girls do in the name of beauty.
When did your hair go curly? Or did you just fake me out in college with those sassy curls!? ha ha ha! Love you!
Her hair looks like a doll. Seriously! I would kill for hair that color, shiny and lavicious! Gorgeous!
I need to try those out! how cute. I love the photo of you also :)
HAHAHA! I wore those ALL THE TIME! I tried to find them a year or two ago and had no luck.
Her hair turned out so cute!
My mom used to put those in my hair too! But now I'm a bigger fan of rag curlers- they are soooooo much more comfortable to sleep in (they don't have any plastic to dig into your head)- and they stay in a lot better :-) Conair sells them at WalMart and Target- They're white cloth that have just a wire with cotton in the middle to wrap the hair around and twisty-tie it to stay put.
If you're ever wanting to try something new I'd definitely recommend them! :-)
She looks like a little American Girl doll! And I never commented on your post about being too smart for her own good... Really? Where did this kid come from?
Yes! I loved those curlers. Her hair is darling! I can't believe how much she looks like you in your hair curler picture. She is a great mix of you and Geoff
I loved those too! Her hair does look beautiful. I think we called them spit curls or something. Is that first picture of you?? Love it!
Post a Comment