Tuesday, November 11, 2008

YUMMMM

This morning I made bran muffins. Either my kids were starving or they are really good because they are all gone and I only had 2. Good news is I have enough batter to make fresh muffins every morning for the whole week!

Laila on her 6th!
Aria had only 4.
Bran Muffins:
4 cups All Bran cereal (looks like little sticks)
1 cup shortening (I use butter)
2 cups boiling water
2 cups sugar (I use honey)
1 quart buttermilk
5 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
4 beaten eggs
5 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
350 degrees for about 15-17 min.
The batter is good in the fridge for 7-10 days!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics you take of your kids. I'm so glad to have you come into town soon. I miss you.

Nedra said...

How could your littlest eat 6? Your daughters have been blessed with your beautiful blue eyes. See you soon at Thanksgiving!

Terri said...

Thanks for the reciepe I am going to make some! You're girls are darling!

Lori Collett said...

THANK YOU! I have been looking for a good bran muffin recipe forever! I'm going to make these today!
Your little girl's eyes are amazing. Get ready to beat the boys away with sticks!! Very cute!

Natalie said...

I'm always up for one of your healthy recipes. Keep them coming!!

Anonymous said...

Yes!! I had a recipe like this once. . . and I lost is somewhere along the way! PERFECT! Maybe Kaleb hid it because it's healthy! HA HA HA! Love you!

Renee said...

I love your bran muffins...maybe you will have to come and help me make the batter when you are in town!??? Deal?

Ann Marie said...

MMMMM! I really can't believe Laila ate 6!

Jaron and Amy said...

YUM! Thanks for posting the recipe Leena, I'm excited to try and make those!

Natalie said...

So I finally got around to making this recipe of yours and it is awesome. So Yummy, I added a little cinnamon to it and it is like a desert. Thanks for the recipe.