Monday, April 7, 2008

I might have the cutest kids in the WORLD!

Today was a great day! What made it such a great day? I played with my kids, that's all. I didn't worry about getting anything done today and just played. My house is a disaster, phone calls were not made, computer work didn't get done and projects are unfinished but my kids are happy. I usually get so caught up in what needs to be accomplished that I let the TV do my parenting. Not today.

Laila entertained us with her cheesy smiles and "melt-your-heart" laugh. She is so snuggly and always pats my back when she hugs me.

Aria is getting so big. It hit me today that she is not a little girl anymore, I am sad. Today she said the prayer for Family Night and she blessed that we would not go astray. (Her favorite song is "Follow the Prophet"). At times like these I want her to stop growing up. I suddenly don't mind the tantrums and drama, in one moment I am reminded that I love being a mother.
So today I definitely have the best kids in the world and there is nothing I would rather do then play with my girls.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I LOVE your posts! I think the days I don't worry about the laundry or the dishes or running errands are my best days too. Jackson is happier, I'm happier and I remember why I chose to be a mom in the first place! Unfortunately my job description requires that I do more than just play with my kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aleena...you made me cry.
Thanks for being such a good wife and mom! Thanks for all you do for your family and ours.
You are the best!
Joeen

Angela and Mike said...

Awww...I'm so glad you had a good day. I bet it's those good days that get you through the not so good days. Good for you for just giving them your full attention. You are a great mom.

Renee said...

We all need to take time to enjoy our kids! Thanks for the inspiring post. You must have listened to Elder Hollands talk. Cute pictures of the girls. I love that Laila has her tounge out!

Sarah said...

You definately do have adorable girls, how fun!!!! I love to see your pics, hope all is well!!!

Ann Marie said...

CUTE! I'm glad you had some time to PLAY!

Natalie said...

Too Cute!! You are a great mom!

Erin Spenc said...

Oh my! Reading that made me cry! Why do they have to grow up?

hizznizzle said...

Aleena-- your girls are beautiful. Thanks for calling me yesterday, it truly made my day! you are awesome and I always feel so much better after I run stuff by you. I hope some day I will be as knowledgable as you! Thanks aging you are a great friend luv---lez

Anonymous said...

WOW....i love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.