Aria has always preferred her dad over anyone, including me. At least I was still the mom... not anymore. For the past few months Aria has called me "Leena". I thought it was just a phase and she would get over it but the last few days she has not called me "mom" even once.
She has been doing this for so long that I don't notice. But it makes me a little self conscious when we are around other people because everyone notices and makes comments. Has anyone else had their kid do this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hi Aleena! That story is so funny! Hey, I have a question for you. . . .What is your email? or better yet, will you email me? Amberdonn@gmail.com
We are going private with our blog in a couple days, so I want to put you on the invite list.
thanks!
Amber
Aleena,
I am so sorry, I don't have kids that did this to me, but I did it to my mom. Around 8 I began calling her Linda, and I have never gone back. I know she had a really hard time with it. One of the reasons I did was because she always tuned me out while calling her mom, but if I called her Linda she would always answer. Hope that might help
it's probably because you were around your famiyl so much and they were always calling you Aleena. Let me know how it goes...
Addie started doing that when we were living with my parents because everyone else would call me Natalie. I just wouldn't answer her when she would call me Natalie and i told her I would help her with what she wanted when she called me mom. To say the least, the phase didn't last long. I guess she needed me more then she realized! HA HA!
Aleena Lucy calls me Katie all the time and Theron Dad. It drives me crazy. She knows it does and I think that is why she does it. Cute blog your little ones are so cute!
Katie Anderson
theronandkatie.blogspot.com
Post a Comment