
So Target USED to be my favorite store. My cousin Camille just got married and I was on her blog this morning and she had quite an interesting post. Well, it seems that Target has instituted a new policy that you can only return two items within a twelve month period without a receipt and they cannot exceed $20.00. Seriously is that the stupidest thing you have ever heard?!?! When we registered at Target for our wedding their return policy was dumb, but at least they let us return the 30 cookie sheets that we received without a receipt. But this is ridiculous! I remember the nightmare of returning gifts so I will never buy another wedding gift at Target. I hope you tell anyone that might be getting married not to register at Target and if you want to buy a gift for someone at Target don't forget to include the gift receipt!


7 comments:
Boo. Yet another reason to buy local!
Seriously! We dealt with that with my sister's baby shower. She was planning on returning things to the Target here, then re-buying them in D.C. so she wouldn't have to pack it all. Lame policy. We encouraged my little sister not to register there for her wedding. She didn't. I have a feeling many people will be finding other places to register. Hopefully they get an idea of how stupid that policy is and they'll change it. Lame.
That happened when we got married too!! I have like 10 spatulas!! What am I supposed to do with those!!
I found you on here and just wanted to say hi!! Hope everything is good!!
Okay, I keep hearing people say that this is a new policy and Chris & I must have gotten married at a crappy time in Target history because they were awful to us too. They would only let us return 2 items without gift receipts. And with gift receipts we had to use the money in the same department the returned item came from. They were and still are a joke when it comes to returns. I always caution people who are registering there. I think the new $20 limit adds to their retarded-ness (not a word).
Yep, we went through the same thing. We agree it is very annoying.
Yeah, basically pretty ridiculous. Hey, Chad and I are coming down to see you guys in a couple of weeks so tell Geoff to give me a call and we'll figure out some golf plans! Hope you are doing well!
I used to be a target girl too! right before I had jake I bought a bunch of clothes on sale that were cute but then my sister in law gave me a bunch of clothes. I tried to take all the clothes back. I had a receipt but they still wouldn't take back the clothes because they were no longer in there system. I guess you can't by things on sale there either!
Post a Comment