Monday, December 3, 2007

A Night in Bethlehem


For our ward party this year we did "A Night in Bethlehem". We dressed in biblical outfits and headed to the ward party where we would be taxed with a food donation then feast. The feast was a bunch of booths that sold different parts of the feast, a butcher, fruit stand, farmers market etc. The night ended with a wonderful depiction of the birth of our Savior.

The sad part was that we spent a 30 minutes dressing up and didn't even where our costumes. When we drove up to the Stake Center we didn't see anyone enter in biblical costume. Geoff refused to be the only one dressed up so we took everything off. There were actually plenty of people dressed up we would have fit right in. Oh well.

This party was a wonderful way to kick off the Christmas season. I get so caught up in buying presents, decorating, baking that I hardly put any thought or energy in what the season is really about. The birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior. What are some spiritual based traditions that you have?
Mary and Joseph

Laila was too big for her swaddling clothes.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Katie said...

AW! Look at your cute family! Are you coming here for Christmas? If so, we should all get together!

brittany said...

that sounds like such an awesome ward party! i love that idea. you guys look so cute in your stuff. I can't believe Geoff wouldn't wear it, no fun.

Renee said...

As always, you look darling! Geoff is usually a huge fan of being outnumbered when it comes to being dressed up - I am suprised! Can't wait to see you all soon!

Angela and Mike said...

How fun! That sounds like a good Christmas party. I love that ALL of you got dressed up. HOpefully they had some good food there too :)

Chelsea said...

You guys look great! I'm so sad that you didn't actually wear the outfits to the party. P.S. Derek honestly changed my flights from Ohio to SLC to Ohio to Las Vegas. He is so hopelessly in love with BYU football that he can't miss the bowl game. So, if you guys are still around...we may be headed your way.

McCleary Ways said...

Hey Geoff, it's Billy McCleary hows vegas treating you? Congrats on your new baby girl, you have two girls I have two boys go figure.

Cairen said...

I love your outfits! that looks like so much fun, too bad you didn't end up wearing it to the party!

Anonymous said...

Leena! I found your blogspot on Annie's page. I was so excited to finally see how you're doing and how life is going. You family is soooo cute!
love ya - Amy Adams-Glenn

Amy said...

Ok, I'm a little slow at this, but I just figured out how to post so you could see my email address. So, here you go, email me when you get a chance!