Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Saga Continues...

Thank you to all those that commented and gave advice on Aria's sleep drama. I thought you might like an update on what has been happening.

After the initial night that I posted about, things have gotten better little by little. Because Aria will not be told what to do, for two nights she slept on the floor just inside her room but she still woke up a few times in the night. We finally decided that she couldn't sleep on the floor forever and that was contributing to her waking up at night. So we went back to the fight and made sure that she slept in her bed.




How did we do this you ask? Aria sleeps on the bottom bed of a bunk bed, and it has been since she has been sleeping there that she keeps waking up at night. We decided to just take the mattress off and put it on the floor to see how she would do. We also bought her a brighter night light. That night she did much better. I woke up to feed Laila around 4:00am and Aria was on the floor in her room, but she never came into our room.



The next night we added a heater blowing in her face (thanks Renee) she fell asleep after having to be put in bed 3 times, woke up once during the night but only had to be put in bed 2 times. This is a huge improvement.

Thank you for all posting encouraging comments. The day that we will all be able to sleep through the night is much closer then I would have imagined a week ago.

As an added bonus, since Aria has been sleeping better so has Laila. Laila was waking up every 2 hours to eat during the night, the last 2 nights she has only woken up once to eat! Hurray! I think I can do this. It is amazing how much more I get done in the day because I don't feel like a zombie anymore!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Renee said...

I am so glad that things are looking up! She is is cute even when she is stubborn...she reminds me a lot of Kylee! We are both lucky to have girls first that are strong minded and know what they want. I KNOW that it will result in them both doing great things and becoming wonderful people! Way to stick it out!

brittany said...

YAY for you! I am so glad the sleeping is going better. I love the cupcake jammies and i love that you take pictures of her sleeping.

Linds said...

Hey aleena, lets get her sleeping through the nite by this Saturday. I think we will be in St George Friday but I'm not sure yet. i'll keep you posted. I was joking btw for those that read this and think I'm a jerk!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the cute christmas card. We very much enjoyed reading the update!!!! Sounds like you got your hands tied with two little ones, i dont know how you do it on no sleep!!!! But they are adorable

Beth said...

That is exactly like Maddie! She falls asleep at the foot of her door and then I can't get in to move her. She is even on the floor right now. Hope you ahve a great Christmas and if you are in Utah call me! I want to see Leila!